Thursday, June 21, 2012

Lessons from Teaching


After spending my past three years teaching in an urban, Title I school, I am currently in the midst of changing jobs – and careers.  Teaching has been an incredibly useful lens for processing my beliefs about society, humanity, and spirituality.  My classroom has been a case study on human nature and interaction; high school students provide delightfully raw and unrefined material for reflection.  I don’t know that any other field can or will supply such clear examples of observable, applied spiritual axioms.  As I transition, I want to take some time, through this series of posts, to distill some of the enduring lessons that I am taking with me.  

1 comment:

  1. Also, I have been absent from blogging due mainly to navigating this transition. If anyone still reads this blog (here's to both of you!), you can consider this my commitment to recommencing.

    ReplyDelete